In the previous lesson, we saw the format of a formal letter and an example of a letter of complaint. Let us now see an example of a formal letter of request.
Here is a letter of request to a donor, requesting him to sponsor a project in your N G O.
As you can see, the letter is divided into five parts.
- The heading with the writer’s address and date
- The address of the person we are writing to, a donor company in this case
- The greeting or the salutation, Dear sir
- The body of the letter
- The subscription or leave taking, Your sincerely
- The signature, Mrs. K. V. Dixit
This is the way, we write a formal letter of request. I am sure you will easily able to write one. Don’t forget to write the superscription i.e. the address on the envelope clearly, as shown in the previous lesson.